WASHINGTON (JTA) — Jewish and pro-Israel leaders exchanged heated remarks at a congressional hearing on how to define anti-Semitism.
- Canada needs a professional organization to track, document and counter right-wing extremism and racist groups.
Moscow (AFP) – The wife of President Vladimir Putin’s spokesman faced a storm of criticism on Monday for performing a Holocaust-themed ice-dancing routine with striped costumes based on concentration camp uniforms.
(CNN)A Holocaust-themed ice skating routine on a Russian reality television show, involving the wife of a high-level aide to President Vladimir Putin, has sparked outrage around the world. The act was based on the award-winning 1997 Italian film, “Life is Beautiful,” which tells the story of a Jewish father who tries to hide his son from the horrors of the Holocaust through humor and games. In the routine, set to Israeli singer Noa’s “Beautiful That Way” from the film’s soundtrack, former Olympic ice skater Tatiana Navka and her dance partner Andrei Burkovsky dance in the striped pajamas and yellow six-pointed stars which Jewish victims of Nazi concentration camps were forced to wear. Navka married President Putin’s spokesman Dmitry Peskov in a large ceremony in August 2015.
Saturday, Maria Hinojosa, anchor and executive producer of NPR’s “Latino USA,” responded on MSNBC’s “AM Joy” to Donald Trump surrogate Steve Cortes saying “illegal immigrants” by comparing the phrase to the Holocaust Jews being labeled as “illegal people.”
- Microsoft is trying to avoid another PR disaster with its new AI bot.
The company’s latest program can describe what it “sees” in photos.
Mark Dice gets the word out about a new restaurant chain in Southern California, which has made Schindler’s List of the best barbecue joints around.
MULTYFARNHAM, Ireland — The setting could hardly have been more incongruous. Outside the window, lush pastures spread in the perfection of a late winter morning. Inside, a small man with a yellow star pinned to his sweater captivated an audience with the horrors of his boyhood in the concentration camp called Bergen-Belsen.Continue reading
- The listing sought €199 for the bar of soap reportedly made from ‘fat’
- It was claimed victims of the Westerbork concentration camp in Holland
- The Nazis are believed to have experimented with the soap during the war
- SS leader Heinrich Himmler is reported to have stopped the experiments
- Everyone conscious of the importance of the free exchange of views is hesitant about banning people’s views. But Holocaust denial is different